Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Plane friendly off-road buggy?!?

(10 Posts)
pypsik Fri 17-May-13 12:26:18

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

dldl Fri 17-May-13 06:15:09

We took our baby jogger city elite away with us for an outdoorsy holiday. Was brilliant. Is so easy to fold, huge seat, huge sun canopy, big wheels, decent basket. We bought a sunshine kids car seat travel bag for abou£15 on amazon....read the reviews....everyone seems to use them to protect pushchairs on planes! They're huge! We really needed the wheels for the terrain we covered and it all worked out well.

Daisybell1 Wed 15-May-13 22:52:23

If its not off-roady enough for you then you could look at the elite or the summit. I've got some pictures I've tried to send to Tiggy of the Summit in a pushchair bag and it fits nicely.

mamaloop Mon 13-May-13 16:01:45

Agree with the above; Baby Jogger Citi Mini GT is amazing with great one fold.

mamaloop Thu 09-May-13 21:37:40

Baby Jogger are great. The one click fold system and folds are incredible.

issyocean Tue 17-Apr-12 17:44:35

I took my MB's (terrain and rollerbug) to Oz on a few occasions.Just zipped into MB travel bag and checked in with the rest of the luggage.

I never had any problems and just used a sling or cheepy umbrella fold around the airport.

StrawberryMonkey Tue 17-Apr-12 17:38:07

Babyjogger gt offers a large seat and basket. Super fast and easy (grandparent friendly) fold. You won't need an additional sun canopy with the babyjogger gt. I doubt the babyjogger gt would be outgrown, the seat is large and comfortable.
The mountain buggy swift is also very compact with a simple fold and roomy easy to access basket. The swift has slightly larger 10 inch wheels so may be a bit more suited to off road than the 8.5 inch gt wheels. I feel the swift handles slightly better and is more robust by the design, however that's not to say the BJ GT is flimsy it's far from it, being extremely good quality. They both fold compactly though to slightly different shapes. I'm not sure which is most suited to plane travel (i don't even have a passport!).
Both suggested models are brilliant quality and extremely practical suggestions.

Tiggywunkle Tue 17-Apr-12 12:29:16

I would definitely look at the Baby Jogger City Mini GT or even the Elite. The wheels of the Elite are bigger but would take literally seconds to pop off and on before putting everything into a transport bag. Look also at the Mountain Buggy Swift. They are pretty robust for air travel.

goingeversoslowlymad Tue 17-Apr-12 10:48:23

Babyjogger have just brought out the city mini GT. That may be what you are looking for. I don't know much about it but I'm sure someone else will be along who does.

Desperate2012 Tue 17-Apr-12 10:21:10

Am I dreaming? Do they exist? Both sets of grands live overseas and both are active outdoorsy walkers. Is there a buggy out there that will go offroad comfortably/ easily and is small/light/robust enough to make airports and planes feasible? Ideas welcomed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now