Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Anybody successfully dyed buggy material?

(30 Posts)
milkyjo Tue 27-Mar-12 21:51:25

I have acquired a maclaren buggy in olive and browny grey. The hood is green with pink edging and I have a boy. I just want to change the pink edging to a different colour. I can't put the hood in the washing machine as it is sewn into its frame but I can detach the whole thing from the buggy. Does anyone have any experience of using fabric paint or pens - you have to iron the fabric to fix it which may be possible - in an akward kind of way! I can't find any details on what fabric this is but I'm assuming it is synthetic, also probably water repellent.

RandomMess Tue 10-Apr-12 20:29:04

To think you doubted a buggy do-upper semi pro wink

Honeydragon Tue 10-Apr-12 20:32:44

Oh Tiggy the plot thickens. I bet yours turns up tomorrow, from what I can gather nothing was despatched till Thurs inc your hoods I should imagine sad

I shall pm you when I'm non mobile smile

I have a dyed my mama's & papa's Herbie purple, i bought dylon colour remover & used that 1st in the washing machine.
Then i used dylon salt and a dylon
Purple colour.
All the covers went in fine and came out a lovely purple colour smile

KatieBubbles1981 Fri 02-Nov-12 21:25:43

which shoe dye did you use please? I have a Phil & Teds that has a faded black hood and needs some TLC, tried Dylon hand dye with not difference so going to try the shoe polish. smile

Grumpla Fri 09-Nov-12 19:48:56

Oooh I am interested to see how you get on with your P&T with shoe dye! I
Have a red explorer that is really faded... Have been debating some sort of dye job on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now