Note: This topic is for discussing pushchairs. If you want to buy and sell pushchairs, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ

Carrycot for Nipper 360 double?

(6 Posts)
littlepiglet Fri 09-Sep-11 18:46:05

I have bought a secondhand Nipper 360 Double (retro edition), and wondered if there was anyway I could fit a carrycot/cocoon thing on it?

The lady I bought it from, said that she'd used a Phil & Ted's Cocoon, but I'm not sure which she meant.

I would want to put baby into it, and also take it out and use it as a carrycot downstairs, during the day.

I have a single Maclaren Techno XLR, and was thinking of getting the soft carrycot for that, and using it in the lounge in the day, but would that fit in the 360?

I looked at the newborn supports for the nipper, but most reveiws seem to say that they don't last beyond weeks, due to size.

I also wondered if I could use any type of footmuff (say Claire De Lune) as opposed to the Out N About ones - that way I could afford two, one for baby & one for my 14 month old?

Tiggywunkle Fri 09-Sep-11 20:32:16

You won't be able to put a carrycot in beyond a soft cot like the P&T cocoon, or maybe a Graco or Petit Zia one. I don't know the maclaren one. But the thing to do would be to go and try a few out say in Mothercare and see which fit best. Some have raised ends to ensure the baby stays flat. Some soft cots just lie on the seat, others clip onto the D rings. A Bugaboo cocoon uses the harness to keep the baby secure.

I am not sure I would let the baby sleep in a soft cot more than necessary ie if you arrive home and baby is asleep to carry them in and let them finish off their sleep. I wouldnt use a soft cot as the only day time sleeping place. But it depends what you buy.

You should be able to use any footmuff on the Nipper. It's standard 5 point harness.

littlepiglet Fri 09-Sep-11 20:53:21

Thank you smile

fairimum Fri 09-Sep-11 22:25:10

we used the phil & ted cocoon in the nipper and it fitted really well - dont buy new though as depending on how big baby is they only last up to about 4ish months...

nicm Fri 09-Sep-11 23:43:48

i used the carrycot from my teutonia twin. it was a tight fit but worked well as it wasn't going to move anywhere. was the hard carrycot, ordered from germany with the pram.

smile

Siobhan1865 Mon 15-Aug-16 13:41:30

I have the v1 nipper 360 double pushchair and want a soft carrycot. Just wondering how you got on with the Phil and Ted cocoon. Someone has suggested a hauck 2 in 1 soft carrycot. I don't know what to get

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now