THIRSK- Do you live there? Will you tell me all about it?

(3 Posts)
Tobermory Sun 20-Sep-09 20:59:08

Just that really.

We currently live in a small village with some amenities, ie a shop and pub, but good transport links. Whilst we like to be surrounded by green stuff we are only 15 mins from 2 decent sized towns and 30 mins to 2 cities.

Def dont want to live in town centre and would prefer somewhere with a sense of community but not isolated.

Have a 2yo DD so would need to consider school and childcare.

Need 4 beds, decent size garden, parking, generous living space....

fatzak Tue 22-Sep-09 11:00:28

Hello Tobermory - not stalking you honestly!! What a coincidence that we live so near and I used to live in Thirsk!!!

We only lived there for a year and rented whilst I was in my first year of teaching.There are some gorgeous places around - I think my favourite place was Sowerby which is just outside Thirsk but still within walking distance and has a really lovely main street.

Most of the villages around are lovely - not sure which offer more than the other! Will have a think and post later grin

Loulou1999 Tue 18-Aug-15 10:46:10

Hi, I have found your question Tobermory and if you are still on here would love to know where you ended up!? we are thinking of moving to Thirsk with a 2yo and new baby and would love any tips on if there is anywhere to avoid? or where would people reccomend...
Its a long shot but wondered if you or fatzak were still here after all this time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now