Underfloor heating and dust

(13 Posts)
merryberry Fri 18-Sep-09 19:01:21

Plumber just left having assessed for underfloor heating quote for kitchen/diner, which will be tiled.

He has put my husband off a bit by saying the dust never settles when it's on, and he thinks radiators are better.

If you've got it, what so you think? Thanks, the cold-toed one.

ThePhantomPlopper Fri 18-Sep-09 19:28:15

I have no dust problems with my underfloor heating, we have it through out.

I love not having radiators and you can't beat walking into the bathroom/kitchen on a cold winter morning and having warm feet.

ChasingSquirrels Fri 18-Sep-09 19:34:51

we have it in the conservatory and I haven't noticed a dust problem.

SkivingViking Fri 18-Sep-09 19:37:23

We've lived in our current flat for 3 1/2 years and have it in the bathroom and I've never noticed a dust problem (well not related to underfloor heating anyway, my crappy cleaning skills possibly )

squeaver Fri 18-Sep-09 19:45:49

Agree with everyone else. We've had ours for 8 years with no dust problems at all. Don't quite understand what his point is, tbh.

squeaver Fri 18-Sep-09 19:46:37

Although our floor is wood. But still don't see the problem

SazzlesA Fri 18-Sep-09 19:48:14

Message withdrawn

merryberry Fri 18-Sep-09 21:01:55

my thought exactly flying dust, if invisible in house of non-allergic people...so what? ok will point dh at this thread if we waver overmuch on the plans

ThePhantomPlopper Fri 18-Sep-09 21:05:22

Apparently rads are much worse for throwing dust into the air. (Have just been researching my system as I think I've broken it!)

movingnow Fri 18-Sep-09 21:07:08

Dust balls form on hard floors but you just don't see them on carpets IYSWIM? Moved from cold Victorian terrace (mainly carpet) with radiators to new build (not UK) with wooden floors & underfloor heating throughout. I noticed significant increase in dust etc but I think it's simply because it's "hidden" with carpets, urggh.

Friendlypizzaeater Fri 18-Sep-09 21:13:43

I adore my underfloor heating - love the feel of cosy toes in the kitchen. Not noticed any extra dust and I'm not the most house proud person grin

nappyzoneisback Sun 20-Sep-09 19:18:35

This underfloor heating you speak off, having experienced it on the tiled floor in our holiday cottage this yer i really fancy it in our to be new larger bathroom - is it a pricey job?

bobbyspit Sun 15-May-16 12:05:19

I read this thread with interest, I moved into a house 2 years ago with underfloor heating in the lower floor, the whole open plan area is divided into 3 zones and it throws up dust onto the surfaces when its on. So we have seen a real problem with dust with our underfloor heating.
Rob

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now