Anyone had any experience of Ripples Bathrooms?

(7 Posts)
Feebs22 Fri 29-Jun-07 12:48:48

Hi Everyone, only just joined but wished I had found this site years ago!

A question for all you out there that have your bathrooms done recently - have you had a quote or had an installation from Ripples Bathrooms and if so how do their prices compare with say Dolpin Bathrooms? I had a Dolphin quote and it was extortionate (£12k for one bathroom and I want to do 2!!) plus the design was pretty uninspirational. Thought I may get someone in from Ripples but do not want to waste my time if they are in a similar price range to Dolphin. Thanks in advance

Justaboutmanaging Sat 07-Jul-07 14:07:01

Have you thought of purchasing the fittings yourself and then getting a plumber to fit them? There are some very good sites online where you can get almost anything. It is much much cheaper to do it that way, and you can have EXACTLY the design you want.

e634 Thu 26-Jan-12 18:40:41

only just picked up this rather old exchange but can't help commenting.

Really, don't bother with Ripples. They have a lovely showroom and that could be useful to get ideas, and they talk a great talk. As it was, they were several weeks later than they promised, delivered the wrong things, and had an argument about returning some of the stuff because it was wrong, They then play silly games to delay any resolution of the problem.

Sorry, but we really regret having brought from them

Alaska77 Fri 11-May-12 15:56:15

Also only just picked up this old message but feel compelled to chime in!

I wouldn't recommend Ripples. We went to the Reigate branch this year looking for our bathroom and downstairs loo revamped. We'd previously trawled Wickes/Bathstore to no avail sodecided to splash out to get premium products. Also DH and I work full time so we wanted someone to take care of the project for us.

Dealing with Ripples has been stressful every step of the way; they never ever get back to you when they say they're going to, you wait for deliveries only to find they never arrive, when stuff does arrive it's the wrong items, our bath arrived in an enormous wooden crate that wouldn't fit through our (standard sized) front door. The delivery driver refused to take the crate away and DH spent 3 hours sawing it to bits just to dismantle it to get the bath out. Even when we complain and they apologise and promise us the earth, they never come through on all their promises. They have put us in touch with their suppliers to liaise directly when they should have been managing the interaction themselves. They've even lied about our products being 'lost' with their transport company, when subsequent direct conversations between myself and their transport company have proved the products were delivered weeks ago. On one visit to the showroom I enquired about the availability of a unit they told me there was an 8 week lead time. When DH subsequently went in to order the unit they told him it was a 2 week lead time, but guess what, lots of stalling, lies, promises and delays until it arrived after 8 weeks. The wrong configuration, of course, so now needs to be returned and reordered.

Please don't bother with Ripples, they're a waste of money and despite their claims of outstanding customer service, in reality they've never heard of the phrase

Colin12345 Tue 13-Nov-12 18:36:59

As the owner of Ripples Reigate (and Tunbridge Wells & Brighton) you can imagine how disappointed I was to read these comments. We did have some short term problems around that period with a manager that has since been replaced by me. After a lot of effort we have I feel restored the very levels of service my company have now provided many hundreds of customers over many years. We are not perfect, but we do honestly get it right most of the time and I am more than happy to speak to anyone personally who feels in anyway let down by Ripples. Seeking feedback from clients is important and for this reason we have always offered a feedback form on our web page as well as on a postage paid Comment Card that is sent to every client on order. My contact details are cpayne@ripples.ltd.uk or I can be reached in the showroom on 01737 226450.

CovYummyMummy1985 Wed 16-Oct-13 15:00:28

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Mummys10 Sun 14-Dec-14 14:41:32

Please could covyummumummy contact me about Ripples?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now