We need a fireplace but no chimney

(7 Posts)
ScarletSienna Fri 18-Nov-16 10:13:02

We have a rectangular living room that looks wrong without a fireplace focal point. We need a flat to wall electric fireplace I think but could we just get a fire surround and hearth and no fire? Ideally we want something with a mantel (where else can we hang out Christmas stockings?) and it needs to be white.

Any tips or ideas would be most welcome.

H1ghw4y61revisited Sat 19-Nov-16 11:38:29

How about something like this? Doesn't take up too much space but looks like a proper fireplace 🔥

downwardfacingdog Sat 19-Nov-16 14:31:30

Is the wall you want to put it on an external wall? My Mum had one of those real flame gas fire's that look like a coal fire with no chimney, just some kind of vent on the wall the other side.

ScarletSienna Sun 20-Nov-16 09:58:18

It's an internal wall adjoins to neighbour's. I've looked at that one, Highway recently but it's too short-think we need something taller. Or maybe a different piece of furniture and not a fireplace at all. It's so tricky!

LadyPenelopeCantDance Sun 20-Nov-16 10:12:34

Have a look at Imagin Fires. They are all bio ethanol fires that don't need a chimney or ventilation as they leave no fumes.

We have a very modern one that looks great and we get lots of compliments on. Fuel is expensive though, so we only use it when we have visitors!

ScarletSienna Sun 20-Nov-16 11:19:43

Brilliant thank you.

PigletJohn Sun 20-Nov-16 11:51:57

"no fumes"

hmmmmm

apart from carbon dioxide and water vapour, you mean.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now