Boring new tile question

(7 Posts)
Pinkvici22 Tue 15-Nov-16 07:44:00

We are in the process of renovating, currently having the kitchen done. It is currently a shell - plastering and electrics done, plumbing and painting being done this week, with the actual kitchen being fitted next week.

We have just had the floor tiles done (no wall tiles). Should I clean them before the kitchen is fitted? They are obviously all dusty from where they've been grouted, but I didn't know how long you need to leave them (to set??). And is it actually worth cleaning before the kitchen is in?

As I'm sure is obvious, I've never done this before!!

SoupDragon Tue 15-Nov-16 09:35:48

I would have thought cleaning them at least where they will be under units would make sense as you won't be able to do this afterwards.

I don't know how long you have to leave them though.

goinglocomoto Tue 15-Nov-16 19:12:36

Ex-tiler here. As long as the grout is dry to the touch (maybe leave it 24 hours to be safe), clean away!

Pinkvici22 Tue 15-Nov-16 19:35:23

Brilliant thanks both.

goinglocomoto Tue 15-Nov-16 19:43:01

Glad to be of service smile. Also, if they are all dusty from grout residue rather than building dust, clean that off with a dry tea towel ASAP (like, now!), otherwise the residue will be so much harder to remove.

goinglocomoto Tue 15-Nov-16 19:44:01

The tilers should have done that before they left!

goinglocomoto Tue 15-Nov-16 19:44:59

Sorry, didn't realise before that it was grout dust.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now