Can any interior enthusiasts find me a ceiling light please :)

(19 Posts)
jbee664 Mon 14-Nov-16 21:00:13

gold or has gold in it

min 50cm diameter

max price £200

YelloDraw Mon 14-Nov-16 22:22:58

Ha ha that is quite a broad brief! Modern, industrial, traditional, one light, many lights, what room?

SureStartRedemption Mon 14-Nov-16 22:55:13

If I could afford it I would buy all my light fittings from www.jim-lawrence.co.uk/pendant-lights
<happy sigh>

minipie Mon 14-Nov-16 23:34:30

Haven't trawled but my first ports of call with that brief would be Cox & Cox, Graham & Green and Alexander & Pearl.

Also British Home Stores, John Lewis, Heals and Laura Ashley always worth a look for lighting.

Jim Lawrence is lovely too

wooooofudge Tue 15-Nov-16 06:51:57

Strike BHS off that list as they no longer exist.

YelloDraw Tue 15-Nov-16 07:31:49

Try made and habitat

YelloDraw Tue 15-Nov-16 07:33:57

Also homary has some good lighting. www.homary.com/uk/lighting.html

dynevoran Tue 15-Nov-16 07:34:12

I was going to suggest Tom Dixon for this one but it's currently 600!. Maybe on sale?!

minipie Tue 15-Nov-16 08:40:52

woofudge BHS has restarted in a very small way, online only, focusing on lighting and a few other things:

www.bhs.com

namechangedtoday15 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:14:51

I love Tom Dixon lights. If you put Tom Dixon into any search engine, you will probably get some copies similar lights for cheaper prices.

JessieMcJessie Tue 15-Nov-16 09:25:57

I read that the chief lighting buyer from BHS has moved to Debenhams and is planning a huge overhaul of their range. BHS were always great for lighting.

Needmoresleep Tue 15-Nov-16 09:31:30

If you are anywhere near the south coast try Poole Lighting's retail outlet.

www.poolelighting.com/retail.php

They supply some of the national retailers mentioned above, but are far cheaper and really knowledgeable. Your kids may wonder why, when you offered them a trip to the seaside, it is via a lighting shop, but hey. Plus you can then visit Poole's Homesence (TKMaxx' homeware only outlet) on the way home - conveniently situated next to a John Lewis Home.

EnidButton Tue 15-Nov-16 12:41:11

Surestart Oh goodness, what have you done? I'm now mentally replacing all my light fittings with ones from that site. I love them all.

SureStartRedemption Tue 15-Nov-16 20:19:10

Hee hee Enid! You're welcome!

Good news about BHS they were great for lights.

SureStartRedemption Tue 15-Nov-16 21:09:59

This is £100+

www.jim-lawrence.co.uk/holborn-glass-pendant-light/holborn-glass-pendant-light-in-antiqued-brass-3316ab?returnurl=%2fholborn-glass-pendant-light%2f

This is the budget version £34

www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015RJIVPE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EnidButton Wed 16-Nov-16 14:56:30

That budget version is pretty goo actually. Fallen for the Jim Lawrence stuff so didn't expect to like it but it's really nice. Must see what else is on there. I've made a wish list on J-L. grin

EnidButton Wed 16-Nov-16 14:56:45

Good not goo!

jbee664 Fri 18-Nov-16 17:26:53

Sorry not been back on here since - pregnancy sickness took over me this week!

Sure - thanks, some v lovely ones on Jim Lawrence...unfortunately not quite big enough. It's a Victorian house with high ceiling so we want something big.

Great news the BHS, I like their lights, some good for other rooms on there!

Yello - have seen a v lovely one on Homary - have you ever ordered from there? I wasn't sure as it's American.

Thanks for all the other suggestions guys. I like Tom Dixon too - I randomly got a free goodie bag from Selfridges recently and there was a Tom Dixon candle holder in there - worth £40! I was chuffed!

YelloDraw Fri 18-Nov-16 19:32:23

Yello - have seen a v lovely one on Homary - have you ever ordered from there? I wasn't sure as it's American.

No, but some stuff from there was on my shortlist. They give you the UK voltage option when ordering so I assumed OK.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now