Help! Choosing an off white paint colour for North facing kitchen/diner

(5 Posts)
Satsunday Sat 12-Nov-16 19:19:10

I know this has been asked lots by other people on here before but I'm still struggling to decide.

We have a new north facing extension which is a kitchen/lounge/diner. We have mid-dark grey aluminium windows. We want to use Dulux endurance paint so a bit limited on colour but there has got I be a suitable one. Issue is I've tried a few and cannot decide between the different white colours.

- Timeless gets recommended loads but to me it looks like a very pale lemon colour which for some reason I don't like. But it looks like it will go well with the grey windows.
- Jasmine white looks like it has a pale pink tone - not sure it will go with grey.
- Almond white - I love the colour but I can't see cream going with the grey windows? Maybe more of a warm bedroom colour?

I have to decide soon but really don't know what to pick. I think I prefer cream colours but I don't want them to ruin the look of our lovely new windows.

SerenityNow00 Sat 12-Nov-16 20:55:54

We have Dulux white cotton (also an endurance colour) all over our house and it's lovely - depending on the time of day it can go from off-white / ivory to the palest grey, but it's never a cold colour.

origamiwarrior Sat 12-Nov-16 21:45:34

A great Dulux trade colour is Swansdown (I don't know if it is available in Endurance, but it can be made up in Diamond Matt [which my decorator says is better than Endurance anyway])

It is an off-white grey, but with pink/green/brown undertones depending on the light, so you'd need to test it first. We have it in every room in our house, and visitors think each room is painted a different, toning, colour!

origamiwarrior Sat 12-Nov-16 21:47:13

PS. Swansdown looks great with grey!

Satsunday Sat 12-Nov-16 22:27:10

Thanks both I will definitely look at those. Starting to feel a bit stressed about it which is daft as its only paint. Tempted by that Dulux paint consultant service but it's £75 and I'm worried it wouldn't actually help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now