Please talk to me about the differences between Pro warm and Warmup electric underfloor heating....

(5 Posts)
Sarb81 Sat 12-Nov-16 10:23:18

We have decided to go down the electric underfloor heating route, mainly due to short term financial contraints however we are unclear as to the difference between the two brands-if any?

Prowarm is coming up alot cheaper and im wondering whether its due to having cheaper components? Or whether warmup is just overpriced.

Please help!

PolterGoose Sat 12-Nov-16 13:09:21

We were recommended WarmUp loose wire system for our wet room and it's been brilliant, it's been in 4 years now. I didn't look at alternatives though and just went with what my builder recommended. We've got porcelain tiles over the top and it is lovely smile

wooooofudge Sun 13-Nov-16 09:30:30

Polter what are the running costs, do.you know? Sorry to hijack OP.

PolterGoose Sun 13-Nov-16 10:22:33

No idea, it's only a tiny space, haven't noticed any increase in electricity bills.

Roussette Sun 13-Nov-16 10:36:20

This will tell you everything you need to know.

I've never heard of Prowarm or Warmup. The only two different systems I know are electric (dry) or water systems (wet). We have dry and I absolutely love love love it. It is so different to radiators as the whole room has a comfortable ambient temperature. However, it is not cheap. The first year we had it, we just had it on loads. Then we got our electricity bill shock. Now I regulate it a bit more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now