Having a TV in a corner on the wall - units are all too large! Any suggestions?

(10 Posts)
RobinBanksisInnocent Tue 08-Nov-16 18:04:26

TV in the lounge is going to go (at eye height) in the corner of the room.
We currently have a corner unit we brought from our old house (Laura Ashley oak thingy) but it's massive and comes out far too far from the corner.
Corner is 21" x 25" (between a bay window and a chimney breast). We thought we could mount the TV on a bracket so that can sit back as far as possible but we need some sort of unit to put Sky box and DVD player on. Anyone found such thing as a small corner unit (I have spent hours searching on t'internet) or come up with any other solution. I've thought about shelves but think those are going to end up being very wide across the diagonal. I just can't think my way round this one, it's very annoying.
High tech sketch below wink
Any suggestions gratefully received!

OlennasWimple Tue 08-Nov-16 18:07:02

You can get articulated brackets that fold out from the wall to hold your TV (not cheap, but they work very well)

Could you get a small corner unit made to order?

Kaisha02 Tue 08-Nov-16 20:06:02

What about wall mounted TV and a custom shelf that runs around the full length of the corner (so not diagonal)? Could be high gloss or two old wooden reclaimed oak beams dependent on your style.

RobinBanksisInnocent Tue 08-Nov-16 22:07:51

Lol! We're definitely more oak beam than high gloss.
I'm going to look up articulated brackets, thanks both of you.

Chasingsquirrels Tue 08-Nov-16 22:14:42

Does it have to be a corner unit? Could it be a rectangular unit with the TV at an angle on it?

This is ours

Chasingsquirrels Tue 08-Nov-16 22:21:32

Although wall mounted and shelf running round sounds a good idea. You could even have it as a cupboard running round.

titchy Tue 08-Nov-16 22:32:37

This?
https://www.wayfair.co.uk/Eckregal-Axel-1791480919-EYN1009.html

CaurnieBred Tue 08-Nov-16 22:41:49

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RobinBanksisInnocent Tue 08-Nov-16 22:58:02

I hadn't thought of the bracket without a corner unit underneath, I'll give that some thought, thanks for the pics.
The wayfair unit looks a bit high (we have low sofas) but good to know there is at least one small unit out there!

thanks everyone!

Wrinklytights Tue 08-Nov-16 23:03:10

We have this www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/storage-furniture/tv-media-benches/lack-tv-bench-white-art-50243299/ in between our bay and chimney. Cheap and cheerful until we can afford built in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now