Tulse Hill/West Dulwich - Lairdale Close area - any good??

(9 Posts)
karmi2010 Mon 07-Nov-16 15:13:16

Can some local people chip in with some information please?

I just saw a house in Lairdale Close (not sure if it is considered Tulse Hill or West Dulwich or Hene Hill?) on rightmove, which would tick most of our boxes, but don't know much about the area as I was looking at other areas before - can some local people tell me about this location? Is it actually an ex-council house (the advert does not say so)? And if so, is the area safe for the family with a child?

I need to find a 3(preferably 4)-bedroom house near good primary school and within walking distance to the station which would get me to Blackfriars/City Thameslink in 15-20mins and up to £730-750K maximum, and it is not easy at all... ((

lalalonglegs Mon 07-Nov-16 16:11:27

I don't know LC itself but it's a really nice area, close to West Dulwich station, a very well thought of primary school on your doorstep (Rosendale) and a nice village-y parade of shops, gastropubs and cafes on Rosendale Road (the other end, you'd have to cross the Sth Circ). You could definitely do a lot worse.

lalalonglegs Mon 07-Nov-16 16:18:50

The only thing I don't like about the area is that there is no supermarket within an easy walk. If you do on-line shops though, I suppose it doesn't make that much difference - I'm someone who likes to go and give the avocados a good squeeze and prod the chickens before I buy smile.

karmi2010 Mon 07-Nov-16 16:25:20

lalalonglegs, thank you very much!

glorious Mon 07-Nov-16 16:28:45

You could look in Hither Green. good 3 bed or 4 bed in budget, several outstanding primary schools, train to cannon st is 20 mins.

RicStar Mon 07-Nov-16 16:32:24

I live pretty close it probably is ex local but that is only a guess. We love this area, the park, schools, good commute with lots of options. I agree there is no proper supermarket less than a drive / bus ride away but plenty of locals (Sainsbury, tesco *2, co-op).

Polyethyl Mon 07-Nov-16 17:03:24

It is ex local authority.
The area is as safe as any other area of South London. I would describe it as solidly middle class.
Go to Herne Hill's Sunday market to get a taste of the area.
Rosedale school is so sort after that it's catchment area is tiny.
Brockwell Park is absolutely superb.

dontcallmelen Tue 08-Nov-16 16:40:58

It's a nice area, agree about supermarkets & south circular can be horrendous, maybe have a look a bit further down towards Crystal Palace or Beckenham good transport & some very good schools/open spaces.

Blu Tue 08-Nov-16 19:58:55

Nice area. Looks v close to Rosendale, should be in catchment for Elmgreen for secondary, or a shot at the Kingsdale lottery: all good schools.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now