offer accepted on property on Friday, now being gazumped already...

(3 Posts)
Difficultyear2015 Mon 31-Oct-16 17:22:23

We had an offer accepted on a property on Friday and was told the house would be taken off the market and no further viewings would be booked.

About half an hour ago we get a call to say another offer has come in through another agent (who happens to not have got the memo about the house being sold) and do we want to increase our offer?

The increase is another £3k.

Its a small increase but I have a few issues:

1 - the vendor gave his word that it would be off the market - if he agreed to the other agent doing viewings what else might he do further down the line

2 - this makes me worry that this would happen further down the line

3 - if we increase our offer, there is nothing stopping the other potential purchases increasing theirs and then getting in a bidding war after we already had a sale agreed

Its all quite stressful, and no idea what to do.

FenellaMaxwell Mon 31-Oct-16 17:24:57

Unfortunately that is the way it goes - the seller is allowed to accept other offers so it boils down to how much you want the house.

For all you know, the people who put the other offer in could have viewed it prior to it being taken off the market and the agent has a legal responsibility to report all offers to the vendor.

Difficultyear2015 Mon 31-Oct-16 17:27:58

We viewed it before it went on the market so no other people were viewing it then, it went live the next day (saturday AM) at which point our agent already had it marked as sold.

I guess I just starting to distrust the whole process as it keeps happening.

Fingers crossed we can keep it as ours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now