Sinks! Anybody love/hate theirs

(7 Posts)
RobinBanksisInnocent Sat 29-Oct-16 09:03:30

We currently have a stainless steel one which I loathe with every fibre of my soul blush - we live in a hard water area and one drip on it and it looks mucky.
I've had a butler sink before which I loved but fancy a 11/2 sink (which is the only good thing about our loathesome sink) and don't think you can get that with a butler sink.

Anyone got any thoughts on this fascinating topic?! thlgrin

MiaowTheCat Sat 29-Oct-16 12:20:40

Ours is a black 1 1/2 sink and it drives me bloody mad as it shows every single drip of water and never ever ever looks clean.

RobinBanksisInnocent Sat 29-Oct-16 12:40:07

Right, that's black sinks ruled out then! I read somewhere that white composite really stains though...

Wallykazam Sat 29-Oct-16 12:46:37

Following....

jojosapphire Sat 29-Oct-16 18:51:34

We had a white 1.5 bowl ceramic sink which didnt show scale too much. was 8 years old when we moved out and still looking quite good though did have a couple of scratches just moved into a house with a v old white composite sink and its horrid unless just bleached! Will be installing a water softener when we start the extention!

shutthatbloodydoor Sat 29-Oct-16 18:54:58

I've got a double butlers sink in the kitchen which I love but the SS in the utility is too small, I can't fit the tumble drier filter or a bucket underneath. Definitely don't have a small, shallow one.

SpookyMooky Sat 29-Oct-16 19:47:19

I had a ceramic "normal" one like jojo - 1.5 sinks plus draining board. Totally loved it. Bleachable, scrubbable, looked beautifully clean. I am surprised they are not the norm to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now