best (most washable!!!) high gloss white paint

(6 Posts)
Salmiak Thu 27-Oct-16 12:33:34

I am after a pure white/brilliant white high gloss washable paint. It's to go on some under stairs drawers that you kick push to open. Therefore it needs to be strong and resilient and very washable.

Any recommendations for a good indestructible paint?

DropZoneOne Thu 27-Oct-16 12:36:06

Dulux endurance if you want wayer based but washable. or oil based paint but I don't like the way it yellows over time.

Mrsladybirdface Thu 27-Oct-16 14:26:52

I used dulux trade high gloss white (fast drying) it'd on a skirting and on a high traffic step and cleans beautifully

PigletJohn Thu 27-Oct-16 15:34:38

oil-based paints are still glossier and more durable than water-based, but if they don't see sunlight, they may still yellow. Formulae have been improved since the early low VOC paints, but it will take a few years before you know.

If it get sunlight, even through a window, it will stay white.

Salmiak Fri 28-Oct-16 18:03:33

feels honoured that pigletjohn has shared his wisdom blush

Can't have oil based paint as no sunlight in that bit of the hallway.

Spoke to a friend today, they suggested getting a quick drying brilliant white dulux paint , in satinwood rather than high gloss. Apparently it is pretty hard wearing, but I may occasionally have to repaint.

Another friend suggested yacht varnish over the top of normal paint to make it totally wipeable.

Went into homebase today and saw aisles and aisles of paint, got totally confused, considered a kitchen paint as well. There is just SO MUCH CHOICE. ended up leaving without buying anything. Sigh

PigletJohn Fri 28-Oct-16 19:56:32

satinwood is better than kitchen paint, which is I think an acrylic wall paint.

have you considered not having white?

Behold...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now