subway/metro tiles help

(7 Posts)
Jmangel Wed 26-Oct-16 16:40:05

Hey, looking for a mid grey subway tile that looks a bit distressed - maybe a bit irregular or different tones throughout - maybe a slight patina finish or crackled? All I can seem to find are the solid colour bevel edged ones and I was looking for something a little different.
Anyone seen any - not too pricey please as my new kitchen budget is running away from me!!

Polpette Wed 26-Oct-16 16:51:54

Tons of Tiles have a few different options for flat metro rules, including this vintage crackle glaze range:
https://www.tonsoftiles.co.uk/vintage-crackle-glaze-wall-tiles.html

They're great quality and the customer service is really good (I changed my mind three times in one day and they were incredibly patient and they still got my order out to me the next day).

MessezFaire Wed 26-Oct-16 16:53:28

What about this kind of thing in a grey? They don't look special when you just look at one time but click on the pic of the whole wall - I love the slight variations in colour

Jmangel Wed 26-Oct-16 18:01:43

Ooh ladies yes love both - god have just been on tonsoftiles website and didn't see those ones - not classified as subway!!

Polpette Thu 27-Oct-16 22:18:44

I hope you find something you like. You're stuck with tiles for such a long time it's a decision you need to be happy with.

wowfudge Thu 27-Oct-16 22:45:41

The tiles Messez linked to are made by Johnsons. It's their Savoy range (which Topps sell as Attingham in a larger format). You can buy from Johnsons direct for less.

minijoeyjojo Thu 27-Oct-16 22:59:25

I was also going to suggest buying from Johnstones, we have the larger style savoy range in steel and it's lovely. Really nice variation in tone throughout and really good value for money.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now