Fitted wardrobes - the craziest quote ever surely

(10 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Tue 25-Oct-16 13:17:43

So in middle of house renovations/extension. Need wardrobes for 4 bedrooms.

For reference would be quadruple fitted wardrobes in 2 bedrooms, 1 double wardrobe and then a single in smallest bedroom.

Wood, painted in f&b and with lighting. Now I have got used to some crazy quotes eg £1k for cushions in sitting room but this really has taken the biscuit.

Yes, the total quote for wardrobes was £45k.

I'm not mad am I - that is crazy beyond crazy? Nearly £17k for wardrobes in main bedroom.

Am hoping I can find a joiner via my builder who can do it for less than £10k all in which I thought was pretty generous.

ShortLass Tue 25-Oct-16 13:39:05

shock

BumbleNova Tue 25-Oct-16 13:51:19

holy christ! i thought we had seen the worst, we had a quote of 6k plus VAT for a quad built in wardrobe.

we went for a local bespoke furniture maker in the end, 1500 ish all in.

YelloDraw Tue 25-Oct-16 14:04:10

£45k for wardrobes??? Blimey.

JoJoSM2 Tue 25-Oct-16 14:19:32

I've had some mad quotes. Including bespoke numbers that were about 1.5k/m of wardrobes... In the end, we went with Ikea. Our builders built around them for the fitted look. Below is a pic of the wardrobes in our bedroom. Doors and internals came to under 1.5k including glass fronted drawers and built-in lighting that comes on when you open the door. We funked them up with door knobs from Zara for a few pounds. Can't remember what the builder charged, but assembling everything and building around them took less than day.

They also do more modern doors if that's more your cup of tea.

BabyGanoush Tue 25-Oct-16 14:21:32

JoJo, that looks such a classy-yet-budget solution!!

BombadierFritz Tue 25-Oct-16 14:21:51

those look great!

MrsCampbellBlack Wed 26-Oct-16 07:29:07

Glad I am not the only one who thought that was a crazy quote.

Those wardrobes do look very good.

Have made contact with a joiner who is very recommended and I think his costs will be a lot lot less thankfully.

mymilkshakes00 Wed 26-Oct-16 09:01:45

Jojo. Love the whole look.

JoJoSM2 Wed 26-Oct-16 12:07:22

Thanks ladies wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now