Talk to me about showers

(4 Posts)
Tessticklesyourfancy Fri 21-Oct-16 09:35:41

We are planning having the ensuite done. It's a decent size and has a separate shower and bath at the moment. I usually have a. a bath but we're thinking of having a large shower. The reason I'm more of a bath person is I hate shaving my legs while squished in a small cubicle so my idea is having said large shower with a bench/seat built in. This would also be good for the future as DP is older than me so would solve any issues with him or me having difficulty getting in or out of a bath. Has anyone got a shower with seat and if so is it tiled? I'd seen on Pinterest some that looked like wood but I'm not sure how they'd last. Oh and what sort of shower head? I think I like the large rain type ones but with a smaller one too that could be hand held too. What sort do you have and have you any tips for a shower novice? Thanks smile

carmenta Fri 21-Oct-16 09:47:08

If the seat is actually in the shower I would tile it in. Duckboard style seats can work too but I agree with you I think it will go manky over time unless you fit it in a way that allows the seat part to be changed out easily.

Personally I wouldn't just put a rainwater head in, if you want to sell the house. I find them impossible for having a proper shower under (DH on the other hand loves them so we're planning both when we renovate the bathroom).

JoJoSM2 Fri 21-Oct-16 10:16:38

I love a rain shower. I think your plan sound good. I'd definitely tile the bench. In pictures that you saw, it was probably wood imitating materials, however I've seen a bath made out of exotic wood lol personally, I wouldn't risk it.

Tessticklesyourfancy Fri 21-Oct-16 10:18:24

Thanks. I think a tiled seat would.be better. My DP is 6ft 4 so I think the rainwater would be fine for him but I think I'd like one that can be lowered and hand held too, space isn't a problem

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now