Grey carpet

(7 Posts)
dynevoran Sun 16-Oct-16 13:18:41

Apologies for the most boring request ever. But please can someone help me choose a carpet. I'm suffering from decision fatigue grin

But I need to choose a carpet for our stairs, landing and three of our bedrooms. I'd prefer greyish rather than taupe but I'm overwhelmed with the choice and on reflection every carpet I have chosen hasn't felt right once laid.

I think I don't want loop because they seem to show wear quickly. And I don't want too much variety of colour, not do I like the ones where they almost look velvety with the direction of the tufts changing the colour darkness if that makes sense.

If anyone has something they are pleased with and is happy to post a picture that would be amazing! It's so hard to look at a tiny bit in a shop and visualise it over a larger area!

Thanks in advance.

dynevoran Sun 16-Oct-16 18:58:31

Bumping desperately! grin

vjg13 Sun 16-Oct-16 20:50:12

Am just about to start looking at grey or silver carpets so will update when I see one or have one fitted. It is for a bedroom too.

dynevoran Mon 17-Oct-16 12:34:38

Thanks vjg13

user1469117700 Mon 17-Oct-16 13:46:36

isense do some very nice ones, they feel so different to any others ive seen.
having them in the bedrooms soon but not on the stairs

ChishandFips33 Mon 17-Oct-16 18:57:01

Just chosen a grey carpet for one room - brought home about 8 samples - liked some from one direction of the room and strongly disliked others - then walked to the other end of the room and it was vice versa!!
Then there's lighting - the sun was out tick tick, the sun went in cross cross. Overhead lights went on, lamps went on - changed my opinion every.sodding.time.

Discounted a couple immediately but the final choice was so difficult.

I went with the thought of 'it'll look better than what's currently down old, beige and threadbare
Sorry not helpful

barleysugar Mon 17-Oct-16 19:00:15

We have a nice grey Berber wool one, it's wearing really well and no tufts! We actually bought it from eBay!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now