Built in soap dispenser

(8 Posts)
3kidsandus Sat 08-Oct-16 21:58:13

Has anyone got one of these on kitchen sink? How have you found it? Also do you put handwash or washing up liquid in yours?

johnd2 Sat 08-Oct-16 23:03:15

No advice but I've always thought they would be a good idea but my main worry would be making your house feel like an office!
I think would be especially good for shampoo and shower gel in the shower but again there's the hotel feeling to get over!

Tubbyinthehottub Sat 08-Oct-16 23:13:52

I'm not keen on these. Just another thing to clean and I don't really get the point of it. Just buy a nice washing up liquid or hand soap.

JoJoSM2 Sat 08-Oct-16 23:22:43

You could find the, from commercial suppliers, prolly on Amazon as well. Personally, I wouldn't put one in a house to avoid my kitchen reminding me of a public toilet.

PigletJohn Sun 09-Oct-16 09:26:28

I use them. They are not widely available. May be advertised as "soap pump" and usually American They are cleaner and tidier than bottles of WUL

For ease of cleaning, get one where the top part can easily be lifted off and washed out, and where you can refill the bottle from above the sink, rather than having to climb into the cupboard. They are liable to accumulate residue in the spout and around the base.

Plastic ones break more easily than metal.

You will need a large drill to go through the corner of the sink. If you fit them into a worktop the spillage will probably attack it and cause stains and swelling.

PigletJohn Sun 09-Oct-16 09:37:47

I meant something like this, it fits through the sink surround, though this is a small and cheap one. The better ones cost much more. The bottle should be at least a litre.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 09-Oct-16 09:44:22

Just remember when you have it put in - that you need to be able to reach it easily from under the sink to refill it - so in general ( unless you have arms like mrTickle ) put it to the side of the sink rather that at the rear of the bowl !!!

3kidsandus Sun 09-Oct-16 13:36:09

We're having an Undermount sink so I guess it will be in the worktop (Quartz).

My house is at no risk of looking like a hotel though (only if!! wink)

I do like the idea of not having loads by the sink. At the moment we have handwash, hand cream and washing up liquid!!

Good tip on having it accessible! Would be such a faff trying to get into the cupboard to find it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now