New bathroom - wall hung vanity = modern?

(8 Posts)
Ilovetorrentialrain Sun 25-Sep-16 14:00:41

Hi

I hope I can word this so it makes sense! I'm planning to refit my small bathroom. Fitter booked for 4 weeks' time and I'm wavering now on how to fit it out! I like the 'traditional' look I.e. Loo with a handle flush - and not one of those units where everything's boxed in. However space is REALLY tight. I'm thinking perhaps a wall mounted vanity like this victoriaplum.com/product/mode-curvaceous-slate-wall-hung-vanity-unit-with-basin-600mm-kim002gr to expose more floor space as well as provide the only storage in the bathroom, however does this style of sink automatically mean going down the modern look route? Would a traditional style loo look ok? any ideas as to how to get storage in a tiny bathroom and keep a 'traditional' look. Thanks in advance.

Ilovetorrentialrain Sun 25-Sep-16 14:04:12

As a guide to 'look and feel' I love this, however the sink unit would be way too big for my bathroom. I feel I need to keep the floor free of freestanding furniture, hence thinking of a wall mounted unit with storage drawer.

namechangedtoday15 Sun 25-Sep-16 18:54:30

What about something like this - you can still see the floor underneath so it would still give the illusion of more space?
unit

If you definitely want wall hung - what about getting the sit on sink and then asking a joiner / carpenter to make a cabinet to your specification and style?

Ilovetorrentialrain Sun 25-Sep-16 20:20:00

Hi and thanks for the reply! Now that's really nice and exactly the look I like - I've seen similar in B&Q and wonder if the laminate will last well in a bathroom...

mouthandfoot Sun 25-Sep-16 20:22:50

Surely it would be more difficult to clean under a wall hung unit than a base unit? Other than that it looks perfectly fine.

Ilovetorrentialrain Sun 25-Sep-16 22:10:22

Yep, I think so too, I just can't tell you how tiny my bathroom is! I wish there was a way of trying furniture out in situ before buying. I'm really bad at visualising what will work.

Qwebec Sun 25-Sep-16 22:51:15

I decided against wall hung the exact reason mountandfoot gave. I love small bathrooms because they are so simple to clean, but every element (storage,easy to clean, color,etc) has to be meticulusly thaught out or it become a nightmare really fast)

Ilovetorrentialrain Sun 25-Sep-16 23:19:52

Quebec do you mind me asking what you chose for your small bathroom?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now