Shower recommendations

(27 Posts)
3kidsandus Thu 22-Sep-16 20:41:10

Does anyone have a shower that they just LOVE!! So many on the market and my head is starting to hurt?

Have had a brief look at Mira digital showers which look good. And roper Rhodes thermostatic which are a good price!

Any tips greatly appreciated!!

HereIAm20 Thu 22-Sep-16 21:17:17

Aqua Lisa - love love love them. Had them in main bathroom and en suite at old house and now at new house too. There is a remote control that you can have outside the shower too so you don't have to reach in and get wet.

Picture herewith

bojorojo Thu 22-Sep-16 21:29:33

We have several by Crosswater with big drench heads and detachable smaller heads which run up and down a rail. Grohe are very good. Don't buy too cheap. Check the fittings are very solid and it is built to last.

SarahSea1 Fri 23-Sep-16 08:08:21

I usually have Crosswater or Axor Starck and have been pleased with Crosswater given their price. However, I've heard Crosswater has changed manufacturing country and downgraded their spec (allegedly) - have a look at Arte Form brassware or Just Taps.

jigster01 Fri 23-Sep-16 16:40:49

We've just has hansgrohe fitted ...wow it's wonderful...I always use the lower shower (so I don't wet my hair!) and the boys use the overhead ..both swing 180° out the way of each other ... fabulous!

DustOffYourHighestHopes Fri 23-Sep-16 18:12:09

Hansgrohe

If you source online, you may get delays, but they can be significantly cheaper.

jigster01 Fri 23-Sep-16 18:37:59

I thought it would be way too expensive .but if you go to plumbers merchants you will be extremely surprised...we got a Matki one shower enclosure to go with it and it was very well priced ...

3kidsandus Fri 23-Sep-16 21:37:43

Thanks all!! Which hansgrohe did you go for jigster? I've seen some quite reasonable taps online too.

Bath store guy trying to sell the Mira digital showers to us!!

SarahSea1 Fri 23-Sep-16 22:04:44

Look on Reuter Shop for Hansgrohe - they may be cheaper.

PigletJohn Fri 23-Sep-16 23:59:56

IMO digital, and remote control, are more likely to go wrong.

Can't beat an Aqualisa with the round control knob.

3kidsandus Sat 24-Sep-16 08:21:24

Pigletjohn fair point!!

sarahsea thanks for the reminder! I had actually been on that site a couple of months ago looking at ceramics!!

SarahSea1 Sat 24-Sep-16 11:56:56

Which? has given Aqualisa a big round of applause this month.

3kidsandus Sat 24-Sep-16 21:03:16

Ooh really? I'm going to have a look. Could only find which? best buys for electric showers not mixers! It's a shame you can't try out a shower before buying!!! smile

Footle Sat 24-Sep-16 21:07:14

Go for the biggest possible cubicle, with the simplest possible doors - look out for fiddly tracks that are impossible to clean.

jigster01 Sat 24-Sep-16 21:14:35

We got the croma select 180 shower pipe ..2 sprays on top shower and 3 on handheld.We looked at the Raindance but very expensive and all we needed was an overhead shower and got the extra sprays as well ..the shower head is a lovely size and tilts.We got Grohe taps as well ...water comes through tiny holes in taps filter so it's all 'foamy' lovely. .....I posted a couple of photos not long ago .

CointreauVersial Sun 25-Sep-16 01:10:42

Aqualisa Quartz. We have one in both bathrooms. Fantastic flow, even with our weedy water pressure.

3kidsandus Sun 25-Sep-16 19:35:52

jigster this is exactly what I've been looking for a tap to do!! Just don't know how to explain it to anyone and don't know what to search for!! How do I know if a tap will have that 'foamy' effect!! grin

3kidsandus Sun 25-Sep-16 19:36:34

cointroversial will have a look!! Seems like aqualisa a popular choice!!

PigletJohn Sun 25-Sep-16 19:44:16

'foamy' effect

Aerator

Taps generally have them. The higher the water pressure, the more effect you will see.

jigster01 Sun 25-Sep-16 20:09:31

Yes ,aerated !! I suppose you ask if there is a 'filter' fitted.
Really go and look at plumbing wholesalers ..we assumed we would need an account and only went in to get ideas from the showroom but we were able to buy independently...the price difference is vast !

PigletJohn Sun 25-Sep-16 21:25:41

The aerator generally screws into the spout of the tap, and can be removed, e.g. if clogged with limescale or detritus.

You can just see one in this pic from here

You can sometimes get special low-flow ones to reduce water usage. The water companies sometimes have them on free offer.

PigletJohn Sun 25-Sep-16 21:32:59

part no 6 showing how they fit

and here are the flow-limiting ones with smaller holes

Sarb81 Mon 26-Sep-16 07:01:54

HereIAm20 I love your tiles....can I ask where you got them from?

(Sorry to jump on thread!)

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 26-Sep-16 07:03:53

We have a Mira Ecco. Brilliant.

Chaby Mon 26-Sep-16 07:07:35

We are just about to redo our bathroom so thanks for this useful thread!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now