Coloured windows

(8 Posts)
Noisygirls Thu 22-Sep-16 13:46:00

Having a house renovation and have finally decided on an olive green (Ral 7033 in case anyone wants to know), slim frame, flush casement new type of upvc. Problem is we can't decide whether to have the colour on the inside of the window or have white internally. Hope this makes sense. Looking for wisdom please?

Plexie Thu 22-Sep-16 14:54:53

I haven't seen coloured frames in real life but I saw them on a TV programme. Racking my brains trying to remember which series (might have been Ugly House to Lovely House with George Clarke). The frames were orange - which looked lovely on the outside but I was a bit hmm when I saw they were orange inside and I thought it distracted from the rest of the room.

Unlike orange, your colour looks quite versatile for complementing a wide range of interior decor colour schemes. However I think any coloured frame will draw the eye, so if you decor is neutral, solid colour then it might be a good statement. But if you decor is colourful and/or patterned (or might be in future) then I think a dark frame might detract from that.

See a dark frame here (eye catching):
www.marathonwindows.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/coloured-windows-top.jpg

compared with a white frame (receding):
o-mastoras.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%80%CE%BF%CE%B8%CE%AD%CF%84%CE%B7%CF%83%CE%B7-pvc-%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%85%CF%86%CF%8E%CE%BC%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%82-%CF%83%CE%B5-%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%B6%CE%AF%CE%BD%CE%B1.jpg

and another white frame in a colourful/patterned interior (doesn't detract from decor):
www.stormsealswtorbay.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/window_casement08_lg.jpg

wowfudge Thu 22-Sep-16 16:07:38

White inside, otherwise you are tied to that colour for your interior décor.

Tiredandtested Thu 22-Sep-16 16:25:37

We've got green/grey window frames on the outside but off white inside.
Wooden though. I think it looks fine.

thenewaveragebear1983 Thu 22-Sep-16 16:30:14

We had brown UPvc window frames inside and out. We recently changed to white inside and honestly I couldn't believe the difference in the lightness inside, it changed our entire house, if it is possible to have colour outside, white inside I would definitely go for that to get maximum light in your rooms.

InTheDessert Thu 22-Sep-16 16:30:43

That's not a shade I often came across people wanting, but looks good.
I'd go white inside, unless all the decor will tone with the grey (seven thousand numbers are all technically greys in RAL world).

Sinkingfeeling Thu 22-Sep-16 18:19:33

We have powders coated aluminium frames on the outside which are a dark green grey color with wooden frames on the inside which are off white.

Noisygirls Thu 22-Sep-16 19:24:53

Thank you all. Think the White inside vote has it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now