Wall mounted TV??

(4 Posts)
namechangedtoday15 Tue 20-Sep-16 13:36:48

So, have resisted mounting a TV on the wall for a while, didn't want it to be focal point of room.

Have now extended and have quite a big open space, one corner of which will be a seating area - sofa / chairs / rug / TV sort of thing. I quite like the idea of pottering in the kitchen and having the TV on (kitchen other side of the room) so am gradually coming round to the suggestion that it would be a good idea.

Initially concerned that if you have it mounted, then its pretty much fixed, you can't have it in any other place. Its probably the only place it will go logistically, but it could go on a sideboard. Just will be more difficult to see from other parts of the room.

Also, it would be a shared wall between us and our (semi-detached) neighbours. H says this isn't a problem - sound insulation is good and sound bar that comes will TV projects sound away from the TV. NO idea if that's right?

So I suppose what I'm asking is that (a) will I regret it and (b) any tips if we do go ahead with it?

MiaowTheCat Tue 20-Sep-16 20:55:58

I held off doing ours for years but we did it recently after realising that in over 5 years we had never ever had the urge to move the big telly anywhere else in the house. It's freed up a load of space in the lounge in terms of no longer needing a unit that could cope with holding one (and cope in terms of visually not looking stupidly small as well). It's the wiring that's still a bit of a bugger - we've got a few bits on show that don't really bother me but if you want some kind of massively neat and palatial house you'd possibly need a better solution than we have for that. If DH didn't have like every games console ever manufactured we'd have less of an issue.

We've got a smaller TV which is also wall mounted in the conservatory and that one is on a pivot arm mount so I can flip it out and watch it in the dining room side of the kitchen or even out in the garden as well but obviously that's only a small TV possibility.

ApplesTheHare Tue 20-Sep-16 22:47:13

I love ours. The bracket can be pulled out a long way and angled so it's pretty versatile in that it can be watched from anywhere in the room but pushed back against the wall and not the focus of the room when not in use.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 20-Sep-16 23:13:01

Oh great thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now