Fridges freezers with water/ice dispensers

(3 Posts)
LagoDiComo Mon 19-Sep-16 22:37:35

We need a new fridge freezer. There are only two of us and we don't have a freezer at all so anything would be an upgrade. We only need a single unit, not one of the big double ones. That said, is it worth getting one with a water/ice dispenser? Although these seem useful features, it seems like they'll take up space, e.g a water tank in the door stopping us getting a four pint milk carton when we could just as easily store a bottle of water in the fridge. Also does anyone particularly love their single width fridge and which model is it? Thanks for any views!

frenchfancy Tue 20-Sep-16 08:53:58

Ice dispensers are only any good if they are piped in so you don't have to refill them. They take up a lot of the freezer space so TBH for 2 of you I wouldn't bother.

hoochymama1 Tue 20-Sep-16 10:24:06

Well, I've had a big LG fridge for years which has an unpiped in ice maker, and I absolutely love it. The water thingy doesn't take up much space compared with the fridge, and you can have the fridge anywhere in the kitchen. The build quality of the fridge isn't great, and loads of the plastic bits inside are knackered, but the ice maker....well worth it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now