Is this quote reasonable?

(8 Posts)
LoveGigi Mon 19-Sep-16 21:38:42

We are near the end of a bathroom refurb which has been part DIY, part professional job. Long story. Anyway we are at the tiling stage and am getting quotes for the final fix. I need a plumber to fit the sink and connect up the waste and taps, lay the shower tray and connect up the waste. For shower door and panel. Install the shower valves. Install the cistern and pan, connect up the bath. Connect up the towel rad. All the pipes and waste are in place. I've been quoted between £550 and £650. I think this is a 1 full day job possible going over into a second day. What do you think re cost?

umizoomi Mon 19-Sep-16 21:41:41

At least £300 per day for a plumber - my bathroom took 5.5 days to do and the labour charge was £1800 so it's probably a little high but I guess he has quoted for it being more than one day?

Shadowboy Mon 19-Sep-16 21:45:54

Hmm tricky my husband did all of ours but most tradesmen charge about £200 onwards a day so how many days work is it? If it's 2-2.5 days then sounds about right.

LoveGigi Mon 19-Sep-16 21:55:43

Thanks for your replies. As I've already paid for 5 days of plumbing at £200 a day I was just shocked to think it would cost a further £550-£650 to finish it when on the face of it there doesn't seem too much left to do, I'm obviously not a plumber but I'm so wary of being ripped off. The plumber that we got this quote from works with the tiler so he can pop in to connect the shower after the floor is screeded so that the floor tiles can then be laid. Then once the tiling is done the plumber will come and do the final fix. He said it's possibly a 2 day job. Yes he will need to come here on 2 separate days but there isn't 2 full days of work left.

didireallysaythat Mon 19-Sep-16 22:22:25

I'd guess 2+ days ? The towel rad will require the entire system to be repressurised ?

Pradaqueen Wed 21-Sep-16 05:02:13

I'd say about right for the work you stated but obvs we don't know what you asked for or got for the other 5 days work? Will he mastic the bathroom after fitting or will you require another person to do that?

notmyfirst Wed 21-Sep-16 11:17:45

Sounds about right to me.

LoveGigi Wed 21-Sep-16 13:08:38

Okay that's all good, I'm just never keen to go ahead without getting more than one quote.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now