£100 later and still no hot water

(2 Posts)
ManagersDilemma Sun 18-Sep-16 23:36:41

Our hot water has been getting less and less reliable since we moved in 18 months ago. It's practically non-existent now. We finally got a plumber in last week and he said the pressure in our boiler was too low. We need a new part eventually but he fixed it for the time being (next few weeks/months). The pressure has stayed up where it should be but we STILL have very little hot water. In fact, I think it has actually got even worse.

Sometimes putting the central heating on helps; at other times it doesn't. We do sometimes get a bit of hot water without the heating being on.

I can't believe we paid the plumber over £100 and we still have virtually no hot water. How should we proceed? Any advice gratefully received.

johnd2 Mon 19-Sep-16 09:35:14

Sounds like he didn't really understand the problem you had, and found a different problem and fixed that (low system pressure)
I expect your problem is more expensive, of you're lucky iut might be a sensor but sounds more like a scaled up heat exchanger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now