scratch on hardwood floor

(5 Posts)
AvonCallingBarksdale Sun 18-Sep-16 11:02:41

Morning. We've recently moved and during the whole shifting furniture process, we've managed to scratch a bit on the hardwood floor. It's about 3 inches long sad. What can I do (not really an option to put a rug/furniture over it). I've googled but just ended up with a lot of conflicting advice....
TIA

What about those coloured scratch cover pens, I saw some in Home Bargains. Better than looking at it, and cheaper than pulling it up or having it all sanded to re do.

shanghaismog Sun 18-Sep-16 19:46:54

Rub a walnut on the scratch! It depends on whether there's any depth to it. Miraculous for surface scratches 😀

AvonCallingBarksdale Sun 18-Sep-16 22:39:41

Thanjs both! Haven't heard of either of those so will have a go.

Deux Mon 19-Sep-16 14:34:24

I find that Woca products have been good on my floor.

I use a product of theirs called Maintence Paste Natural. It doesn't fill the scratch but covers and reseals it. But my floor is oiled and this product is for oiled floors so not sure about its use on other finishes. They do do products for other finishes.

I was super careful with our floor but wear and tear, kids, guests and workmen have put paid to that. The paste covers it up so that it doesn't bother me and isn't visible. I just spot treat.

shop.wocadenmark.com/media/16946/WOCA%20Maintenance%20paste.pdf

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now