Where to buy a freestanding kitchen?

(6 Posts)
whataboutbob Sat 17-Sep-16 11:10:08

I've been looking for free standing kitchen units online but can't find any. It's for my brother, brief background: he's living on in our parents' home, has some mental heath issues and I provide support. he has no practical nous whatsoever.
Anyway DH has kindly offered to rip out the old units which are literally falling to the ground, and put in a free standing kitchen. I've looked on Ikea's site and found nothing. Also Homebase. If anyone can recommend what to look and/or has a free standing kitchen I'd love to hear from you. Thanks

DiscoMike Sat 17-Sep-16 11:16:52

Ikea call them modular kitchens: www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/kitchen-products/modular-kitchens/

whataboutbob Sat 17-Sep-16 11:19:46

Oh thanks Disco! That explains the ikea catalogue! Will have a good look.

TrailingIvy Sat 17-Sep-16 11:34:05

Ebay has lots of nice sturdy-looking ones, often made of solid wood, if you search for freestanding kitchen units. Lots of them are brand new and will deliver.

whataboutbob Sat 17-Sep-16 22:36:29

Thanks Ivy, I will have a good look there. DH is off to house tomorrow to measure up.

notarehearsal Sun 18-Sep-16 09:05:22

I had a second hand one through ebay. It was the Habitat Oliva. Lovely so maybe have a look on ebay, they still sometimes show up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now