Will a paying for someone to decorate the hallway cost less than it did for them painting the exterior?

(3 Posts)
HarryPottersMagicWand Fri 16-Sep-16 13:07:23

Our hallway needs doing, one of the last rooms left in this house now that we haven't done. It's pretty shabby looking. DH can do it but I have no idea when, he won't answer when I ask and as it's the first thing you see, I really want it done to a high standard. DH is ok but the rooms we have done have bits that I notice every time I go in there and it bugs me so I'm considering getting someone in to do it for us. But I'm not sure if we can afford it or have any idea how much it costs (any rough ideas?).

Last year we had the exterior painted and it was a good price. Is the hallway and landing likely to cost less or more as it's more fiddly as it would be sand and paint all the woodwork on the stairs, upstairs doorways and skirting down the stairs. Possibly replace downstairs skirting (not sure how this would work as there are no doors to rooms just archways and all the skirting goes through but it is quite shabby looking now and wasn't done properly so ideally I'd like the hallway skirting replaced), a dado rail and painting, plus we have a loft hatch in the wall on the stairs that goes to the roof over the side extension and it had been badly done so will need a bit of plastering on this wall.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Sat 17-Sep-16 10:31:48

We're getting ours done at the moment. It's a big hallway (3 stories) with lots of door frames and bannister (many, many spindles). And the ceilings too. It's costing just under £1000.

Pradaqueen Sat 17-Sep-16 21:05:43

I've just had the exterior of a building painted (£1400) and the communal hallway is £650. The interior should always be less than the interior given that the amount of scaffolding should be less.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now