Boiling Water Taps

(7 Posts)
SarahSea1 Thu 15-Sep-16 09:38:46

Which brand would you recommend or avoid? Any tips or issues I should be aware of? Prices vary a lot and there's a mix of online reviews. I'm thinking I'll try and source a sink with offset waste to make fitting the tank eaiser (into a 600mm base cupboard). Also, I assume having a water softener won't complicate things as the tap would bypass the softener. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

SignedUpAgain Thu 15-Sep-16 10:24:35

we have just fitted a Quooker 3-in-1 type into our new kitchen, sourced it from a kitchen supplier in the end. Cant wait to get using it.

scaryteacher Thu 15-Sep-16 12:05:47

We have a thing like this under the sink in our rental. it is a complete PITA, as the hot water runs out, and you have to wait for it to heat up again for washing up, or boil the kettle.

If you are in a hard water area, be careful what you get, as the one in the house we rent sprang a leak as a screw at the back had been dissolved by the calcium in the water here (very hard water in Belgium). We had to get a new one, which wasn't cheap (and we managed to persuade the l/l into paying for it).

AngelsWithSilverWings Thu 15-Sep-16 12:12:46

We've had an insinkerator fitted in our new kitchen and it's wonderful to have boiling water on tap but we were a bit shocked when it came to replacing the filter after the recommended 6 months as they cost £45 each and have to be bought in packs of two! We should have checked the ongoing cost of running it so that's something I'd do a bit of research on if I was doing it again.

SarahSea1 Thu 15-Sep-16 12:45:12

Blimey - so it's not as simple as it sounds.Thanks so much for heads up on the calcium - I'm in a very hard water area so this would defo be an issue. Thanks again.

Tubbyinthehottub Thu 15-Sep-16 12:48:23

I have a Quooker 3 in 1 and I love it a lot. No idea about hard water though

didireallysaythat Thu 15-Sep-16 17:04:05

In hard water areas you'll probably want to put an inline filter in place - we got a second hand quoorker which we rigged up temporarily in a utility room but will fit the filter when we install it properly otherwise I suspect it won't last a year (if we don't use Brita water in a kitchen we get limescale after one use)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now