rats? in house

(9 Posts)
ghostspirit Sun 11-Sep-16 12:49:47

hi im temp accomdation the plumber came to fit new boiler and he found a dead rat in there. i dont think it could have been there that long it did smell. but if it had been there really long there would have been maggots? so im wondering could there be more rats in the house. i know with mice if there is one then there is more is it the same with rats?

insan1tyscartching Sun 11-Sep-16 12:57:14

You would hear live rats they are very noisy both when they run and the constant chewing particularly during the night. Have you heard anything? The dead one might be from a previous infestation that died after being poisoned.

ghostspirit Sun 11-Sep-16 13:00:18

i have not heard a thing so hopefully its ok

PigletJohn Sun 11-Sep-16 13:25:30

what pets do you have? Where do you put their food?

do you have a rat table bird table where delicious rat food bird food is put out for them?

Muddle2000 Sun 11-Sep-16 13:39:18

Our Council offers a free service for rats-not mice
so ring them if you are worried

ghostspirit Sun 11-Sep-16 14:07:23

piglet dont have any pets or rat table..

ours does to muddle i will ring them on monday

ghostspirit Mon 19-Sep-16 10:24:47

Council are comingredients out about ratstuff on the 29th. I also have mice. I have seen quite a lot of mouse droppings as well. I keep all food on upper cupboards and closed away. I keep wiping the sides down and sweeping several times a day. I do it last thing at night. There are no crumbs etc. I have baited traps with chocolate but the mice are not going for it. I could try poison butility then they might die and smell the house out.

Holdtheslaw Tue 20-Sep-16 14:19:44

Are you sure it's mouse droppings?

ghostspirit Tue 20-Sep-16 21:09:14

Yes 100%

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now