DIY Kitchens units but bespoke pantry?

(4 Posts)
ISeeTrouble Sat 10-Sep-16 16:56:42

Hello
I was wondering if anyone had a run of off the shelf kitchen units but then a bespoke pantry? I am getting the broadoak tall units in a run along my back kitchen wall but I love the look and usefulness of the Higham pantry units:
www.higham.co.uk/project/brook-green-larder/

Could I buy the carcass of the DIY Kitchen pantry unit but then get a local joiner to make the inside look how I want or is it easier to get a joiner/kitchen company just to build a bespoke one separately in the same colour/design as the Broadoak units?

Very confused about how it all works! Thanks

lalalonglegs Sat 10-Sep-16 17:44:50

Yes, you could commission a joiner to do the work. I think the larder you have linked to does look lovely but worry it might be a triumph of styling: it is 60cm deep which means there is the potential for a lot of things to go missing at the back or it just to be stuffed with things that never get used. Far better in my opinion to get lots of drawers that can be concealed behind the doors (although I do really like the shelves built on the back of the doors).

luckyduck19 Sat 10-Sep-16 18:24:19

I did this. I got kitchen units from Wickes alongside a bespoke painted pine pantry. It looks fab and they really complement each other.

OnePlanOnHouzz Sun 11-Sep-16 21:24:14

If you are ordering a broad oak kitchen- I'd suggest you order a pair of (or four) doors to match the fronts for the pantry also in broadoak from DIY even the carcase too, if the size is available (800 or 900 or 1000) but if you want 1200 ( ie using 600wide doors ) then I think you'll need a carcase made by the joiner !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now