Usb charging in a bathroom...

(9 Posts)
jojosapphire Sat 10-Sep-16 09:16:56

Dies anyone know if you can have a usb only wall socket in a bathroom? Or if you can install a shaver socket and get an adaptor or get a micro usb charger that will plug in?
Trying to decide weather to install a bath in our new en-suite.... I don.t think we will use it much but probably more if I can watch some tv on the tablet....
We have a bath in our family bathroom but its small so when we eventually get round to replacing that room (5 years plus) we would have the option of just a shower in there also....

PigletJohn Sat 10-Sep-16 10:00:48

Unless your bathroom is abnormally large, you can't have an electrical socket in a bathroom (except for a special shaver outlet which, for bathroom use, contains an isolating transformer and is made for shavers which have a special plug).

The chargers for phones usually plug into a power socket and will not fit a shaver socket.

Some unbranded chargers sold online and in street markets do not conform to any known standards and occasionally burst into flames.

Olivialoves Sat 10-Sep-16 10:03:22

i just make sure my iPad is a bit charged before getting in the bath! problem solved!

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sat 10-Sep-16 10:06:40

We have a TV in our bathroom... Maybe you could get something like this? We love it!

MaryPoppinsPenguins Sat 10-Sep-16 10:07:41

Forgot the pic...

AndNowItsSeven Sat 10-Sep-16 10:10:27

Just charge it before you go on the bathroom.

specialsubject Sat 10-Sep-16 10:22:33

Take a book in the bath - doesnt need charging and is not affected by steam.

But it doesnt sound like you are a fan of baths, so why install one?

SerenDippitee Sat 10-Sep-16 21:50:34

Charge it before you go in or get an external battery pack.

jojosapphire Sat 10-Sep-16 23:05:52

Ok thanks thought that might be the case... I do like baths just dont always have the time. We have the option of a couple of velux windows in the en-suite which would look good with a bath underneath....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now