Browsing the market

(7 Posts)
ShortLass Fri 02-Sep-16 10:20:12

Pretty much decided that I'm going to move next year and I want to keep an eye on the market.

You know, as in what sort of houses are available, how long they hang around for and how much they sell for. This is so I can be prepared when I am actually in a position to start looking properly. I wouldn't want to buy something at an inflated price because I got all excited and was naive.

What's the best way? How do you do it?

And is there any way of monitoring what gets snapped up before it reaches Rightmove?

EssentialHummus Fri 02-Sep-16 10:25:23

I unashamedly check RightMove daily - every day, 5pm - for the three areas where we might look to buy. I think you can also set up an alert if you prefer, and you'll get an email daily.

I also subscribe to "MousePrice" alerts, which lets me know the price paid once the sale is registered on the Land Reg.

And is there any way of monitoring what gets snapped up before it reaches Rightmove?

I have a few agents who think/know we're serious buyers, and get in touch a day or two before RightMove. But I doubt you'd get a bargain this way. I am vaguely planning to leaflet my chosen area if we still can't find what we want next year.

EssentialHummus Fri 02-Sep-16 10:26:09

That wasn't clear - you can filter RM to show you properties added in the last 24 hours.

ShortLass Fri 02-Sep-16 10:29:44

I am also cnsidering leafletting, Essential and I may start a new thread on this at anither time. I know some of the roads I'd like to live in, but would be embarrassed to put a leaflet through a door of what turns out to be waaaaay above my budget.

Wasn't thinking I'd get a bargain by seeing what sells before hitting Rightmove, just the sort of houses that get snapped up. In case I want to be a snapper upper.

ShortLass Fri 02-Sep-16 10:30:44

And thanks for the mouse price tip. Gonna google that right now ...

ShortLass Sun 04-Sep-16 09:19:01

Have registered for alerts from Rightmove.

Mouseprice is a bit of a let down as it doesn't list properties from the local agent so none of the houses I want to watch are on there. Any other ideas?

specialsubject Sun 04-Sep-16 13:37:21

I am in my snapper upper thanks to an agent alert - it sold in a week and we had to.move fast. And we are nowhere near
London.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now