electrician

(6 Posts)
ispentitwithyou1 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:18:21

If an electrician had been round to your house to have a look and give you a quote for works when would you have expected to have received this quote by?? Finally got the time and money to get the house sorted and itching to get started!!

freshstart22 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:26:13

Straight away if it was a smallish job but maybe a week if it's a big re wire

ispentitwithyou1 Fri 02-Sep-16 09:28:36

Its not a rewire,but there are various little jobs.... I will give him til the end of today I think,thanks!

PigletJohn Fri 02-Sep-16 10:28:46

Surveys and Quotes are unpaid work, and many people ask for several quotes and then never have the work done.

So Quote-writing comes at the end of the working day or the working week, after doing all the stuff that earns money.

Electricians are often better at office work than some other trades, and more likely to use a computerised pricing tool, so are likely to be relatively efficient, especially if it is a typical domestic job and they do a hundred a year. If you have asked for non-standard fittings it might take longer to find out their price and availability or see how tricky they are.

ShortLass Fri 02-Sep-16 10:35:21

I've been waiting for quotes for WEEKS and it's doing my head in. They don't even respond to messages asking when they think they'll be able to get back to me. I say, it's fine if it's not for a while, but still I hear nothing.

My dad says this is normal for the building trade. He's probably right, but I've pretty much decided to forget it and move instead.

Hopefully your electrician will be more efficient, but you may have to show greater patience than I. It seems to be these people live in a different world to the rest of us.

/end rant

ispentitwithyou1 Fri 02-Sep-16 15:26:14

Thank you piglet john and others!
Seems you are correct as he said he will be doing his quotes over this weekend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now