Splashback advice

(9 Posts)
snowgirl1 Tue 30-Aug-16 13:01:49

We had a handleless (Luca) kitchen in Dakar from DIY Kitchens fitted, like this with white quartz worktops (I think it's called ice chips) and white-ish floor tiles - but I can't decide what splashback to have fitted. We have [[http://www.next.co.uk/g533136s4#931942 this] geometric wallpaper on one wall in the diner part of the kitchen diner and the rest of the walls in the kitchen & diner are painted white.

Had originally thought of having a glass splashback (in white??) - wipe clean, no grout to get dirty but I think it might look a little plain (together with the handleless units in dull colour).

I had also been thinking of this geometric tile to add some interest - but they're quite small (4.5 - 5.0cm) so there would be lots of grout to get dirty

Or, I just live without a splashback?? We have a small upstand in the quartz...but our hob is against the wall.

Arrgh, decisions, decision - please give me your opinions.

YelloDraw Tue 30-Aug-16 13:31:23

Love glass splash backs.

What about pale blue or turquoise or something to add a bit of colour?

ImperialBlether Tue 30-Aug-16 13:50:56

What about something like this which would go with the patterned wallpaper?

RNBrie Tue 30-Aug-16 13:55:42

I'd go glass splash back in either turquoise or lime green to match the wallpaper (which I love by the way!)

We have a white and grey kitchen with a duck egg blue glass splash back, it looks fab but I wish I'd had the glass run all the way along the back wall rather than just the hob splashback.

ptumbi Tue 30-Aug-16 14:06:47

I have a cream and black kitchen, with cream walls and cream worktop - and I have a red glass splashback to add a bit of colour. Don't go all white - it might end up a bit 'dentist-clinic' grin

Previous kitchen was cream with burgundy glass splashback. (I love glass)

As you say - no grout, clean lines, minimalist.

wowfudge Tue 30-Aug-16 14:07:18

Glass in one of the colours in the wallpaper would tie everything together.

namechangedtoday15 Tue 30-Aug-16 14:16:50

I agree - if you're having glass, I would do the whole length of the worktop, I think just having a splashback behind a hob can look a bit dated.

We had the Luca kitchen too (so quite a modern look) with quartz and an upstand, and didn't have a splash back at all. Think it looked miles better!

When you say the hob is against the wall do you mean at the rear of the hob or at the side? We had a wall at the back of the hob (which was never marked - very rarely used all 4 rings on the hob and if I did, I'd put splash-ey things on the front rings rather than the back rings) and another wall at the side - that did get splashed a couple of times (it was very close to the hob!) but had wipeable paint on that wall (it was a pillar) and it was fine.

snowgirl1 Tue 30-Aug-16 14:51:34

Thank you everyone. Looks like glass is the preferred option! I had looked at samples of glass in the colours from the wallpaper but when next to the units they didn't quite 'go' but maybe I need to look again.

namechanged the back of our hob is against a wall (as opposed to on a peninsular or on an island). To be honest, we've lived without a splashback for months due to my total failure to make a decision on splashbacks and there's been very little splashing and what has splashed we've just wiped off the wall. If we do go for glass splashback we will definitely do the whole wall.

Ramona75 Thu 01-Sep-16 09:06:34

Glass splashbacks are great, very practical, reflective and bounce light around the kitchen and they brighten the corners under wall units as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now