Kitchen floor tiles

(5 Posts)
Coffeeandafag Mon 22-Aug-16 17:52:22

Dh and I are crap at this sort of thing! Firstly, can anyone advise on what colour would look best please - cream units with dark (almost black) granite worktop (as on offer!). Cream or dark tiles? Or terracotta? Gloss? House is a 1940s ex council.

Secondly, I love the look of real stone but how much of a faff is it to lay/prepare and maintain? Is it child/pet proof in terms of spillage and staining? Thanks in advance smile

MakemineaGandT Mon 22-Aug-16 23:31:03

Stone - tricky to look after - needs sealing every now and again, absorbs grease etc

Porcelain tiles - much easier to look after and cheaper

Definitely not gloss! You will be on your knees polishing constantly (plus they scratch)

I would go for a dark floor - perhaps a slate look?

Coffeeandafag Tue 23-Aug-16 10:53:01

Thank you, good to know re gloss! Dh thinks slate colour too, I will look into it further. Love travertine but not into maintenance..,

PookieK Tue 23-Aug-16 13:33:50

Have a look on pinterest - I am in the middle of getting a new cream kitchen fitted with oak worktop and ummed and ahhed but getting ideas on pinterest really helped picture what it would be like. Went for charcoal slate tiles in the end which we are laying tonight...
Good luck!

thisisbloodyridiculous Tue 23-Aug-16 21:31:23

Have a look at Laura Ashley Mr Jones tiles in charcoal I think they'd look great in your kitchen

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now