Which would you rather have? Would either situation put you off buying this place?

(18 Posts)
FinkPloyd Fri 19-Aug-16 20:34:09

Would you rather have 2 bathrooms (one with a bath & teeny tiny almost pointless airing cupbd & one with a shower) or a bathroom with everything and a separate walk-in linen/storage cupbd with cloakroom?

Which would you prefer? Why? Would one of these situations put you off more than the other?

SwedishEdith Fri 19-Aug-16 20:37:00

1 decent bathroom. Don't care about en-suites and really hate badly designed ones just to have 2.

wowfudge Fri 19-Aug-16 20:48:21

Things like a downstairs loo are more useful. I hate ensuites.

DietCockBreak Fri 19-Aug-16 20:53:16

Either sounds fab to me. Are you buying a new house or doing up your own house?

APlaceOnTheCouch Fri 19-Aug-16 20:55:47

2 bathrooms. I haven't lived in a house with a linen cupboard for years and don't miss it. I would miss it if I lost a bathroom.

FinkPloyd Fri 19-Aug-16 20:57:24

Thankyou.
It's a 1960's bungalow.
Just got it & are in a quandry....blush

MrsPigling Fri 19-Aug-16 21:00:53

how many bedrooms / people living in the house?

we've got 6 people and one bathroom and an extra downstairs loo and could really do with second bathroom

DietCockBreak Fri 19-Aug-16 21:02:03

If the second bathroom is an ensuite, then I'd have the 2 bathrooms. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with 2 bathrooms on the same floor - have the lovely walk-in closet. A second loo is always a great idea though, it just doesn't need a bath in.

FinkPloyd Fri 19-Aug-16 21:07:28

Sorry to drip-feed. I didn't want to bombard you initially.

We're two adults & a toddler.

Storage is limited, hence the question.

Both are their own separate rooms. No en-suite. 3 beds.

APlaceOnTheCouch Fri 19-Aug-16 21:07:45

Congratulations!
It depends if it's your forever house or not. if it isn't then a second bathroom will help when you eventually come to re-sell.

MrsGsnow18 Fri 19-Aug-16 21:10:56

I think as your toddler gets older or if your family grows having a second bathroom will become more useful.
That's just my personal opinion. Means someone could be in bath/shower but a toilet is still free.
I don't think bathrooms need to be huge or have lots of storage or anything.
A small cupboard for towels/bedding is useful though.

FinkPloyd Fri 19-Aug-16 21:14:53

Thankyou so much for your advice.

DD took us the best part of 2 decades to get so our lives went on hold for a long time. We are so very lucky to have what we have.

Makes my q seem so trivia blush

I appreciate everyones answers flowers

LizzieMacQueen Fri 19-Aug-16 23:21:28

2 bathrooms, definitely.

NapQueen Fri 19-Aug-16 23:23:49

One bathroom that is sizeable enough for you to sit in and supervising a bathing child.

One separate loo in addition to this. Whether this allows a linen cupboard as well I don't know but I'd have one of those too if I could.

NicknameUsed Fri 19-Aug-16 23:29:04

As long as the house has 2 loos it doesn't matter. If having one bathroom only means one loo then 2 bathrooms would be my choice.

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 19-Aug-16 23:35:14

Two toilets is your base line.
Maybe a bath with a shower fitted in one room and an airing cupboard in the other. Both with a toilet.

Catsgowoof Sat 20-Aug-16 09:31:46

1 big bathroom and a second toilet sounds perfect

Donatellalymanmoss Sat 20-Aug-16 10:41:20

I would go for 1 bathroom, extra toilet and cupboard if you're short on storage space.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now