Can you help find this, or something like it?

(15 Posts)
linspins Fri 19-Aug-16 16:48:08

Dismayed to find the wallpaper we are looking for has been discontinued! My daughter had it in her old bedroom, and loves it so much she wants the same in her new bedroom, as we have just moved house. Having seen it still for sale online, I said yes! Now we've ordered it, we find its discontinued, which is not that surprising I suppose.
I've emailed all sorts of suppliers to see if they have old stock, I've rung wallpaper clearance warehouses, all to no avail. No luck on eBay either.
I haven't told dd yet, she's going to be very upset. The house move has unsettled her considerably, and I know the thought of making her room look similar was comforting.
The wallpaper is this...this
Does anyone have any good ideas for tracking some down? Or know a similar warm creamy wallpaper with vintage print (which isn't too sickly!)?

LaurieFairyCake Fri 19-Aug-16 16:52:25

I'm confused - you can still buy it on that link as I just added 10 rolls to a basket confused

WindInThePussyWillows Fri 19-Aug-16 16:53:53

Are you not mainland UK?

cantshakeitoff Fri 19-Aug-16 16:54:42

www.wallpaperdirect.com/mobile/products/Albany/Isabella-Rosebud/99334?gclid=CJSCjMnqzc4CFUq3GwodN18H7g

m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Graham+Brown+Cream+shimmer+green+rosebud+wallpaper/193441490,default,pd.html

These?

MrsGsnow18 Fri 19-Aug-16 16:56:22

I'm guessing after the OP had ordered it they contacted to say it was discontinued.
This happened me once with paint. ( after I started to use the paint on a project confused )
Sorry I can't help OP. Maybe if you explain to her, she would enjoy a day with you looking at alternatives? Pinterest has lovely ideas for little girls rooms. You could do it a bit like extreme home make over and try make a big deal of her getting her dream room.

linspins Fri 19-Aug-16 17:23:49

Lauriefairycake, yes, we ordered rolls too, and went as far as paying and getting a confirmation order email. Then, a day or two later, they emailed to say it's discontinued. 😔
Mrsgsnow, it's frustrating too, as I'd been organised and got matching cream paint mixed up to do three walls, with the wallpaper supposed to be arriving for the 4th.
I'm so not looking forward to breaking the news. I will do as you suggest and spend time wallpaper hunting with her.

linspins Fri 19-Aug-16 17:25:12

Cantshakeitoff, thanks for trying to find alternatives. The links don't seem to want to work for me, it just takes me to the main page. I'll have a hunt.

linspins Fri 19-Aug-16 17:29:52

Can'tshakeitoff, OK, seen them! That's close, but not quite as cosy and warm feeling. Thanks though. 😃

lashy Fri 19-Aug-16 22:30:56

Designers Guild often have similar patterns - like this:
www.johnlewis.com/designers-guild-daisy-patch-wallpaper/p1153224
This example being a tad brighter than your original however.

PoorPatrol Fri 19-Aug-16 22:34:42

How about Ms Kidston herself?
www.cathkidston.com/wallpaper/rose-sprig-wallpaper-1008328

LizzieMacQueen Fri 19-Aug-16 23:19:05

Laura Ashley,

link

linspins Sun 21-Aug-16 22:49:30

Probably the kath kidston one is the closest replica so far. Our original had such a good mix of colours, that you could pick out whichever accent you fancied. So to keep her bedroom from looking overly pink, we picked out the red for a checked duvet and green for accessories like a rug. It also had a good dose of blue which added a fresh feel.
Who knew one could become so attached to a wallpaper!! Having spent time together hunting now on the Internet for other wallpapers, it's surprising how few dd and I actually like. There's plenty that would suit me for an adult bedroom, but nothing so far that she likes, that will carry her from being ten to teens. Obviously we don't have to have any wallpaper at all, it might end up painted and with decals etc. But wallpaper does have a particularly homely feel.
If only we could get even one roll of the original, I could cover a piece of furniture in it!
I'll show her all your ideas...

TrailingIvy Sun 21-Aug-16 23:11:37

There are some places online that let you order bespoke wallpaper to your own designs, so you could recreate the original exactly. I have no idea how much it costs, but you could try this sort of thing? Or there seem to be lots of others if you have a nosy around Google for "custom wallpaper" etc.

bluemarble Mon 22-Aug-16 21:16:39

How about this other Anna French one?

https://www.grahamsandersoninteriors.com/wallpapers/anna-french/wild-flora/bird-in-the-bush-red - similar colours I think to your original?

bluemarble Mon 22-Aug-16 21:17:01

How about this other Anna French one?

https://www.grahamsandersoninteriors.com/wallpapers/anna-french/wild-flora/bird-in-the-bush-red - similar colours I think to your original?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now