IKEA induction hobs: any good?

(9 Posts)
KoalaDownUnder Thu 18-Aug-16 16:20:59

I need a new hob (cooktop). Can't have gas, heart set on induction. Should I get:

a) a Bosch cooktop (advantages: good, mid-range European brand, matches existing Bosch dishwasher); or

b) an IKEA cooktop (advantages: cheaper, will fit seamlessly with new IKEA cabinets we're planning in future, 5-year warranty)

Any advice much appreciated. flowers

KoalaDownUnder Thu 18-Aug-16 17:20:24

bump Anyone? Bueller? grin

I'm desperate, I have to buy the damn thing ASAP.

Badders123 Thu 18-Aug-16 21:08:17

I LOVE my folklig!!

Mrsladybirdface Thu 18-Aug-16 23:19:05

I have a Folklig too and love it...can't compare it as it's the only one I've had!

KoalaDownUnder Fri 19-Aug-16 01:20:45

Thank you both. flowers

MiaowTheCat Fri 19-Aug-16 07:50:47

I've got a Bosch one and to be honest it's got a number of features that drive me crackers.

It's got touch panel controls - great I thought - no knobs to have to clean around... and they're really bloody annoying - they'll go off when your boob brushes them but will they fuck respond when you've got a pan of water boiling over?!

Badders123 Fri 19-Aug-16 07:53:21

I wouldn't touch Bosch tbh...they get such bad customer reviews!
Induction hobs are so easy to clean!
I do t think IKEA Still do my oven which is a shame as its The best one I've ever used - inc a £££ range oven-
Self cleaning too!
grin

foolonthehill Fri 19-Aug-16 09:50:47

love my Ikea induction ho b...easy to use, easy to clean. As fast as gas, maybe faster. Had it for 6 months.

KoalaDownUnder Fri 19-Aug-16 10:49:24

Oh, that's interesting about the Bosch - thanks Miaow!

My Bosch dishwasher is awesome, so was basing it on that. Maybe I'll go IKEA after all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now