Oxted/Limpsfield/Hurst Green - what do you know?

(6 Posts)
everybodystarryeyed Wed 17-Aug-16 13:16:39

Thinking of moving here. What are your opinions of it as a place to live? Is there much to do for kids and adults? Are the schools good? What's the commute like really to London? Will we love the quiet or be bored silly? Is the countryside nice nearby?
Thanks!

everybodystarryeyed Thu 18-Aug-16 15:01:06

Bump

jigster01 Thu 18-Aug-16 15:17:39

This is my reply from a year ago on another thread with someone asking the same question,have a search and you will find it ..........
Ds boards weekly near oxted ..There is definately not much to do for teens in evening..very tiny cinema ..Small gym ..but for adults who appreciate the countryside and a quiet life it's Ok ....lovely Moons pub next to Morrissons

shanghaismog Fri 19-Aug-16 21:48:23

It's a fab place! They're more or less all one area now. All great. Schools fab, train average. Given the mess that is Southern Rail, we've not been too badly affected...
It is a sleepy rural area though, independent cinema, several nice restaurants and good country pubs, plus a lovely theatre. For any big shops you do need to go 20mins in any direction.
We have just decided to move from the area to relocate closer to family in the south west but we'll leave with very fond memories. We're hoping to get our house on the market next week. I think it will be a very tough call to match all we have here!

everybodystarryeyed Sun 21-Aug-16 10:40:43

jigster I saw that thread - it worried me a bit! Not sure if will be too quiet for us. Seems pleasant there though

BenguinsMummy Mon 22-Aug-16 10:09:48

Gorgeous area! Not far from East Grinstead and London Victoria reachable by rail too... I'd recommend the pub by the railway station at Oxted and the leisure centre is good with reasonable amount of shops, very quiet...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now