any ideas for where to get a budget "true handleless" kitchen?

(8 Posts)
loopsngeorge Tue 16-Aug-16 14:19:37

ie. not the 'j' handleless type, but the kind where there's a sort of gap to put your fingers in between the units and the worktop.
I have a quote from a Crown Imperial dealer, but having seen the DIY kitchens prices, DH is naturally keen to pay closer to that sort of money. Annoyingly DIY don't seem to do this handleless type and I wondered if anyone knew of any other budget/internet suppliers? Any other quotes we have had have been upwards of the Crown one.

chewingawasp Tue 16-Aug-16 14:30:17

I have been looking at handleless kitchens in Wickes. They have a 60% sale on at the moment.

SarahSea1 Tue 16-Aug-16 18:34:34

Have a look at a Bauformat Burger kitchen. The only supplier I can think of is Rowat and Gray in Canary Wharf London but I'm sure there are others. Also, do shop around on the Crown quote and have another look at your spec as their drawers come up expensive, but units not so much. There's also Tomba (?) by Second Nature which has the alu groove handle. Ah, just remembered - Supply Only Kitchens. They're like DIY Kitchens but they do the true handleless, good pricing but only gloss finishes. Again, a lot of it's down to which units you choose - a basic cupboard with flat door is way cheaper than drawers, internal specs etc.

loopsngeorge Tue 16-Aug-16 22:21:29

Thanks Sarah, I have chosen a lot of drawers thinking about it. Many thanks for the suggestions, will take a look!

Ramona75 Wed 17-Aug-16 09:55:07

I've only ever seen the j-groove handleless handles in the doors, you say there are other types of handleless doors? Wow, I wana see!

cbigs Wed 17-Aug-16 09:56:47

We ordered ours from wickes last weekend handle less although be warned their mark up on stuff is fricking astronomical! With the sale it might be worth it though

loopsngeorge Wed 17-Aug-16 11:56:08

Ramona, yes it's sometimes called high or h-line. I just find it much easier to open than the j opening, especially for things like dishwashers.
like this

Ramona75 Wed 17-Aug-16 13:04:55

Cool, thanks loopsngeorge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now