Kitchen spray taps - how to they work?!

(4 Posts)
user1471302167 Tue 16-Aug-16 00:14:20

Hello - this may be a very silly question, but I've been looking and I can't find the answer to it! We're currently doing a kitchen refurb and quite like the idea of one of those kitchen spray taps with the bendy hose - kitchen will be from Ikea so this one in particular: www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/40307017/?query=VIMMERN

My question is - when you turn the tap on, does water come out of the end straight away? Or do you always have to hold one of the little black buttons on the nozzle down to make it flow? If the latter that sounds like a pain if you want to eg fill up the sink. But maybe the buttons just toggle between spray and jet but the tap is always on?

Anyway, if anyone has any insight it would be much appreciated!

elephantoverthehill Tue 16-Aug-16 00:19:42

I've got one bought from Lidl. It is switched on the top from normal to spray. You have to press it to get between one or the other but you don't have to keep your finger on the button. Does that make sense?

Sgtmajormummy Tue 16-Aug-16 00:59:33

Mine (Franke) always starts off with the normal cylindrical flow and you have to press the button to get the temporary shower style flow. It stays like that until you toggle it over or turn off the tap.

When you switch off the tap at the base it goes back to cylinder.

I love mine. Great for filling buckets etc. when the sink is full, or just rinsing the draining board thoroughly. It has a weight half way down the shower pipe to keep it straight and help it go down smoothly.

cps26 Tue 16-Aug-16 10:35:44

Thanks v much for such helpful responses! That does make sense - so it sounds like on none of them you have to keep your finger on the button to get water out (which would be a pain). I can't imagine Ikea would have designed something totally different to this - fingers crossed anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now