Instead of floor tiles - self-levelling overlay on concrete floor

(3 Posts)
evrybuddy Sat 13-Aug-16 19:26:42

Basically, has anyone done this or got any experience of it, especially cost and whether it's DIY-able?

This is what it looks like:
www.google.co.uk/search?q=self-levelling+overlay&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiB5sO1gL_OAhWJJMAKHdZrCMcQsAQIXg&biw=1366&bih=634

I have a concrete floor I was going to tile but it probably needs levelling first with that self-levelling compound stuff and I just thought is it possible to have that stuff as the finished floor instead of tiles - because I don't really have a tile preference...

Leeloo2 Sun 14-Aug-16 09:27:20

I had it done as an under layer, and it ended up as a deep blue plasticy looking surface (wood was laid on top). It looked v easy to do, the guy just poured it out of a bottle and it took about 20 mins!

evrybuddy Mon 15-Aug-16 10:39:06

Thanks for that - the sense I get is that it could be simple or at least simpler than tiling..

I wonder if the thing you're describing is Beton Cire - I think I'll star a new thread about that as this one died a bit...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now