Paint for front door

(3 Posts)
AnxiousAndConfused Fri 05-Aug-16 09:33:01

We have a decorator booked to do the outside paintwork in a couple of weeks, part of which involves doing the front door. It's a rather faded and institutional shade of blue at the moment and I dream of changing it to something like F&B Brinjal (aubergine-y).

The decorator is keen to use Sikkens XD gloss as he says it's the best for getting the 'number 10' glossy look, and I know from my own DIY painting indoors that it's important to choose the right paint to get a good finish (ie. NOT F&B's own wood products!).

However the problem is that I can't for the life of me find out how to get hold of a Sikkens colour chart! We've ordered some colour chips off their website, but they are all totally different to how the colours looked online, so short of ordering a chip in every colour, I'm not sure what to do. Also on the website they just show all the colours together, not separated by product, so you end up seeing a colour you like then finding out it's only available in wood stain or something.

Oh and Sikkens don't colour match so I can't even choose a colour from a different chart and get them to match it.

Has anyone here ever used Sikkens and if so, how did you manage to choose a colour?

AnxiousAndConfused Fri 05-Aug-16 09:35:54

Dammit, name change fail! I was anxious and confused a while back, but I'm not now, and certainly not about paint!! Oh well...

SE13Mummy Sat 20-Aug-16 17:26:18

We used Sikkens on a wooden playhouse - it is stocked by our local Brewers so we just chose a shade from the paint chart in store.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now