What colours go with a horrible salmon peach sofa?!

(10 Posts)
Asahai Mon 01-Aug-16 22:10:13

Slowly trying to update inherited house where decor is 20-40 years old!
Did kitchen grey & white and bathroom quite a bit of grey too.
I can't afford to change the peachy sofa (thick textured fabric) with light wooden strips but new curtains for two very big windows are necessary. I can't seem to get past grey as a colour scheme!
The floor is light laminate wood effect & large black marble fireplace. No other furniture yet!
I'm not great with coordinating & would love some possible colour suggestions!

DoinItFine Mon 01-Aug-16 22:12:39

I was thinking grey, but I imagine that has already crossed your mind grin

iklboo Mon 01-Aug-16 22:13:34

Sage green?

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Mon 01-Aug-16 22:14:37

Bluey green works well.
Duck egg and peach will look a bit 80s but it you use something stronger it could work.
Strong teal or peacock cushion covers and accents. Even curtains if you feel brave enough

Asahai Mon 01-Aug-16 22:26:47

DoninItFine haha what a great idea - grey is perfectgringrin
Iklboo - I really like sage but hadn't even thought of that - thank you will take a look.
Breakfast - I don't think I'm brave enough! If I had strong peacock cushions & accents do you think a neutral curtain would be okay or too much going on?

dynevoran Mon 01-Aug-16 23:49:51

Greens, wood tones and white like in this bathroom.

dynevoran Mon 01-Aug-16 23:51:04

Apologies for the WhatsApp bit at the top of screenshot I took to show dp earlier. And apologies to my mate if she sees this!! blush

elephantoverthehill Mon 01-Aug-16 23:57:54

Just find a throw to put on the sofa and some cushions. I'm very old fashioned but magnolia walls and white woodwork do the job until you can really start deciding.

wobblywonderwoman Tue 02-Aug-16 08:45:04

I would go for large white cushions from IKEA that will freshed it up. They have a nice print and country feel while modern. I will link. I have them and they cover up a lot of the sofa.

BigGreenOlives Tue 02-Aug-16 08:48:17

I agree with Elephant buy some throws and decorate how you like. In due course you can reupholster the sofa or replace it. Temporarily spending £40 on throws to completely cover it will work. Zara Home usually has good ones but I've also picked them up in Homebase <eclectic shopper>.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now