New windows/conservatory

(4 Posts)
Daffodil90 Fri 15-Jul-16 12:23:36

We're getting some quotes next week for new windows/front door/conservatory replacement work.

What are the important questions to ask?
I want to know about longevity, security, ease of cleaning, energy rating. Am I missing anything?

Also has anyone here replaced their conservatory windows/roof/doors before? Was it crazy expensive? Just want to know what ball park im in. In Yorkshire and getting 3 quotes done.

Thanks for your help smile

frazzled3ds Fri 15-Jul-16 15:33:02

Hi

Particularly with the front door, I'd be inclined to ask about the locks that will be used - are they British Standard approved, and may be worth checking with your home insurance provider about insurance approved locks too - that way you've got a bargaining chip too ;) Similar questions could be asked about the securing of the window locks. I've been looking into this a bit after a bit of a 'discussion' (ahem...) on it - found this to be quite useful: www.locksonline.co.uk/community/bs3621-on-your-upvc-door-introducing-the-new-pas3621-for-multipoint-locks.html

Good luck with getting your quotes, hope they're reasonable!!
smile

Daffodil90 Fri 15-Jul-16 15:53:24

Just had a look at the link and that I really helpful, thank you! smile

frazzled3ds Fri 15-Jul-16 17:20:46

Glad it was helpful smile I found it useful too - if never really understood the whole standards and insurance rating stuff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now