Anyone assembled an Ikea Pax Auli Wardrobe? I'm feeling murderous after my attempts!!

(8 Posts)
yellowbirdie Sat 02-Jul-16 19:44:30

I'm a tearful wreck and feeling totally defeated. What is the trick to it? The glass panels do not want to stay in. The instructions are vague and bloody unhelpful. I've ended up smashing one of the glass panels in my attempt to get it to stay together.

Anyone got any advice other than setting it alight and walking away??

Thanks!

yomellamoHelly Sun 03-Jul-16 21:07:59

Not done that wardrobe, but have damaged parts while assembling something else. Helpline were excellent and provided a free replacement.
Youtube any help? Hate the way there aren't any written instructions any more - just pics.

BombadierFritz Sun 03-Jul-16 21:21:07

Made one a few months ago. First one took a few goes. Its step 17 thats the important bit imo when you put the other long side on. It needs two people ideally. Have a rest. You'll manage it. And yes get the free replacement!

Trills Sun 03-Jul-16 21:40:10

Is this the 4-panelled wardrobe doors?

They are hellish.

You absolutely need at least 2 people, and ideally a large space on carpet where you can get to all sides. (carpet so it's on a soft surface)

Trills Sun 03-Jul-16 21:40:43

You are not at all wrong or unusual to be in tears - they are very frustrating.

ggirl Sun 03-Jul-16 21:58:12

lol ..sorry but ..setting alight and walking away has made me giggle

magicstar1 Mon 04-Jul-16 12:39:09

You've probably finished this now, but the easiest way to make the doors is not flat on the floor, but on their side so you can slide the glass down into the bars. Needs two people, but so much easier.
DH managed to break 3 panes on his first attempt, but Ikea will replace them free of charge...they said they're well used to it!

yellowbirdie Mon 04-Jul-16 18:57:20

Thank you everyone for your replies. Good to know I'm not the only one who has experienced this flat pack hell. I'm yet to face it again, but your replies have given me renewed strength. I'm going to call the Ikea helpline, have the broken pane replaced and enlist extra pair of hands. Wish me luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now